Friday, September 2, 2011

Tightly wound

Last night as I laid my tired self down my mind wouldn't slow down even though my body was begging to sleep and leave the day behind.  All of a sudden the lyrics from a song popped into my head and I wasn't even sure if it applied to my current situation, but this morning I woke up with it still in my head, so I thought I'd look it up.  And  sure, enough, the whole first verse applies.  This is kind of a regular phenomenon for me, actually.  Songs will often pop into my head that apply to my situation, although maybe not the whole song fits, but the words that pop into my head do.


The ones that found their way into my head last night were from a Michael W. Smith song:
"I've never seen a human being so tightly wound"  (From the song, Cry For Love)


I found myself thinking, "You sure are!"  Why am I so tightly wound?  First and foremost, I'm the mom of 3 little kids.  (For those of you who don't understand, just borrow 3 kids under the age of 6 for 24hrs, and then you'll know what I mean.)  2nd, I've started a very time consuming project - which is what had me still awake last night, even though I should've been sleeping.  And then there are all the little things that add up - You know?  Like: Family issues, having a child in school, napping schedules, financial issues.... Etc.  You get the idea.  





No comments:

Post a Comment