Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simple Prayers

People fill my mind constantly.  People I know and people I've only heard about through others.  Sometimes they add weight to the load I'm already carrying and sometimes they uplift.  I don't know if this is because I'm overly sensitive, or if this is normal for everyone, but when I was younger it really used to affect me.  I never quite knew what to do with all of those emotions and I know I was probably really intense! But as I've grown older, I've had experiences that have taught me how to deal with these intense emotions from/for other people.

Sometimes I have to let people go.  Emotionally and physically, I have to walk away from people.  Although that's not my first choice.  Mostly what I've learned to do is to allow myself to feel everything and then I ask myself.  Is there anything I can do?  If the answer is yes, then I do it!  If the answer is no, then I simply take a moment to pray for that person.

People pop into my head all day and not necessarily at convenient times.  Do I all of a sudden fall on my knees and pray out loud?  No.  I simply clear my mind of all other thoughts and take a moment to think of that person and their situation and send it heavenward.  All it takes is a minute.  I trust that God knows them and is in charge of their life, but I plead in their behalf for just a moment and then I move on.  Some may say that my prayer is not much and may not do much for that person's situation, but I believe that thoughts are powerful and that, if you involve God in those thoughts, it is the most powerful of all!  So when people pop into my head I take a moment to acknowledge them, give them a place in my heart, and then I can move forward with my own life.

2 comments: